Friday, January 23, 2009

To Blog Or Not...


This is my second effort to create a blog this month.

After reading so many different blogs, I see on the one hand that is an outlet for creativity and on the other hand a medium to share the news/ideologies/teaching practices of millions of 'teachers'.

I know that I would like to put - video clips, voice threads, photos,links, and lessons learned on this blog but I haven't a clue how to do it yet. I know the answer is somewhere in this computer but I have not yet found the "teacher" who teaches the way I learn. I am having to reaccess the way I learn and train myself to practice and think outside of my comfort zone.

In a way, I feel very small and very slow at the keyboard knowing there are billions also doing what I am doing but who are much better at it. I believe I need face to face/ in-person contact and the computer doesn't do that for me , so I am having to reconcile that the behaviour and expectations of a virtual learner are a tad different from my previous learning experiences.

I am enjoying reading the various blogs from people around the world and marvel at how intelligent everyone is. They all seem to be experts. I feel a bit intimidated and am not afraid to say it. I also feel compelled to try this and try that key knowing full well that I may have to start from the beginning/log on again. I don't really know how to do much with the computer but when I do something, I laugh or smile depending on the knowledge learned. I know I am probably doing alot the hard way or long way but when you have yourself to ask, "Now What?", it's either, move on or log off.

I am going to keep reading other blogs and keep plodding along. My parents who are afraid of the computer refer to me as their "techie" which is a huge reason to LOL and keep learning so I can keep sharing and teaching them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cheryl,

    I can probably help you with some of this stuff if you can wait until the weekend - the 30th. Call me or drop me a note on webct if you need help! You do not need to worry about what others are writing! You are a deep thinker yourself!

    ReplyDelete